Monday, April 11, 2011

Life of the party.

Even though my little guy's actual birthday is not until Wednesday, we celebrated with a fun party yesterday at Chuck E. Cheese. And I have to say...that $1.99 Bag-o-crap was pretty decent! But best of all, Adam had a total blast. He played HARD for 3 hours and I tried to keep up with him diabetes-wise, but by the time we got home, he was telling me he was dizzy with a BG of 57. Oh well...I guess I underestimated the power of play! He crashed hard at 7pm and was out for the night.











I can't believe my baby is 5. It has been 5 years since I've had a baby...he's not so little anymore! He's been through so much in his short 5 years - even as I was looking at this pic, I almost forgot about the cleft lip that was so traumatic when he was born (his surgeon did a truly amazing job - it is so hard to see!), and then the cataract and now the diabetes. Funny how all of his issues are "invisible," but they have had a great effect on all of us. He is a strong, happy boy and I know that will help him throughout his life. Happy birthday my little buddy!

10 comments:

  1. :) He looks so stinkin' cute AND happy. Happy 5th to Adam! Five is bitter~sweet. They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it went well! Happy, even if low, is always a great thing!

    A note on his cleft...I've been reading your blog for a couple of months and didn't even notice, which is crazy to me since my Bean was born with a cleft lip and I usually see them (even when the surgeon does an amazing job!) Was Adam's just lip or lip and palate? Bean's was just lip, so it wasn't as involved as it could have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! Synsyres party was yesterday too...at Chuck E cheese!! Lol the ticket blaster is hilarious to see them in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love great birthdays -- and glad you got a hosting break and he got Chuck E Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Happy Birthday Adam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adam looks so happy! Give him a big birthday high five from Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun! Happy Birthday to Adam!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He and Sophie would be big buds!! Happy birthday, sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun party! Happy Birthday, big boy! My "baby" will be 5 soon, too. I'm not ready! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! What a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete