Saturday, August 31, 2013

3 Years

Three years ago today, THIS happened.

The funny thing is, I don't remember life before diabetes. And I don't think that Adam does, either - heck, it affects the entire family. I wish Sydney didn't feel the need for me to test her blood sugar every time she feels excessively thirsty or hungry or tired. I wish I didn't worry that Adam is developing Celiac disease each time he says his tummy hurts. (Luckily his labs came back last week with no evidence of this - I was a bit worried this time with his excessive lows and complaints of stomach pain.)

We are lucky to have many things that make diabetes easier for Adam. The Omnipod has been a life-changer for him. He continues to never want to go back to a tubed pump. The Dexcom makes my life easier.

And the fricken-fracken new smaller pods are FINALLY on a truck on the way to our house as we speak.

We should be up and running with those in a few days. Heck, we've been waiting so long that right now I can't even remember where I stashed the new PDM. Hmmm. I'd better get looking for that.

Tonight is Adam's choice for a dinner venue. Right now he's leaning towards his favorite pizza joint. We will have fun, we will celebrate the fact that he can eat whatever he wants thanks to his pump and insulin.

And we'll get up tomorrow and do "diabetes" all over again.

Okay, really, I'll get up at 2 am because diabetes never sleeps. :)

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I am sooooo glad that his labs came back fine! I totally relate to testing the siblings. My kids must know the "look" because they start running as soon as I question how much they're drinking.lol Tell Adam that we hope he enjoys his pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was relieved when I read "no evidence of Celiac at this time." Whew!

      Delete
  2. You are awesome, Steph!

    Arijana

    ReplyDelete