Wednesday, July 20, 2011

OMG! Talk about Friends for LIFE!

I seriously have goosebumps here, my friends. Remember my post from yesterday?

Take a look at what I received in my mailbox today:



I can't believe I am crying over a book. Well, not really a book...but the fact that one of my DEAR friends who attended the CWD Friends For Life 2011 sent Adam this amazing care package! And she had no idea that I had just sent out a plea for this book.

Goosebumps, people.

Tiffany doesn't have a blog, but she has been one of my main supports through this thing we call diabetes. We were "online" friends for years - having babies together, watching them grow. Then one day, about a week after Adam was diagnosed with diabetes, I received an urgent message from one of our mutual friends via Facebook. Tiffany's son was just diagnosed with diabetes too. I got the chills. These two boys were dx'd a week apart! And so our friendship took on a new dimension.

I am so excited to read this book to Adam, and to his Kindergarten class. And I already ordered a few suggestions from you guys - "Taking Diabetes to School" - so we are going to be set!

10 comments:

  1. That gives me chills too!! You were really meant to be friends for life! : ) She must be super sweet, and thinking of you! The book is great-I'm sorry I didn't see your post yesterday! The books won't be for sale, just to give away, but they're kinda hard to get ahold of-so you are so blessed! Love you! : ) (crying with you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on amazing friends! This is so AMAZING! :)Adam is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing the people that God puts in our life. I would have cried, too!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is amazing the connection between your sons being diagnosed??! I have goosebumps too! You'll have to give us all a review and compare the two books. I just emailed our CDE before seeing your pic on fb and she feels pretty certain they will be getting the books. Their Lily rep gave them flyers about the book a little while ago. She said the kid kits are back ordered right now so she thinks they are working to get the Disney info transferred into the kits. We'll see! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...the diagnosis connection is unbelievable. God definitely puts people in our lives for a reason. I am so happy that you were able to get your hands on a copy of the Coco book. I hope that we will be able to get one eventually too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I have chills, too!!! Amazing how God works these things out perfectly!! So excited for you...and a tad jealous because I'd love a copy of that book!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I would have cried too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, what a wonderful care package! and omg the diagnosis times...so not a coincidence you are in each others' lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool! We are also looking for good books to read to the kindergarten class in a few weeks (which I cannot even believe). I hadn't even thought of this book. That would be awesome. So glad things worked out the way they did for you!

    ReplyDelete