Friday, November 12, 2010

A first

Today was the first time I got "the call."

I was just about ready to head into an appointment when Adam's preschool teacher called. She said he was acting really tired and lethargic and just didn't seem like himself. They tried to offer him juice, but he refused. I told them to give him his snack instead, and I ran over and picked him up. Thank goodness I'm only a few minutes away!

He looked forlorn when I got there, and I tested him and he was 88...which means that before his snack he was even lower! Thank goodness for his teachers - they said they felt bad calling me, but I assured them that they did the EXACT right thing and I'm so glad they did.

Once I got him home, he ate about 30 carbs worth of goldfish crackers and I tested him again, and he was still only 98! Crazy. He had a HUGE activity day yesterday - a playdate and about 3-4 hours playing outside, so I'm guessing maybe all of that caught up with him. He woke up a few times last night as well...

All is well now...he's cuddling with me on the couch and we are watching Spongebob. Well, he is. I'm on the laptop. :)

5 comments:

  1. Those phone calls always make my heart pound, but I'm also always so grateful for them.

    I'm glad all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Glad they called you. It is so hard to manage these little guys in the pre-schools. That was the hardest part in day-to-day management when Joe was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really good that they called. I'm glad it worked out and I'm glad they knew to try the juice. Ellie's pre-school staff is doing pretty good with her and we really appreciate what they do for us and Ellie! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate "the call"... but I sure do love those snuggle days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine it is so scary. It is the call I wait for about Evy, everytime we leave her. (not for diabetes, but you know.) It sounds though, as if the teachers did their jobs perfectly and as you said....they did the RIGHT thing. I always say that no matter what....CALL ME! I'll never be upset. Glad that you were able to enjoy the rest of the day snuggling!

    ReplyDelete